04 September 2008

Running To Catch Up

It's Thursday already and I've realized I missed my normal "Monday-Rundown" blog. I figure with everything that has been going on lately, some of you would appreciate an update on what's been happening. Always seems like I'm playing catch up...

  • FARM-WARS/2008 was a success! We had nine guys show up (eight of us camped overnight) for a fun-filled night and day of furious paintball action. After setting up camp Friday evening, we peeled off into teams of two for a little "Ironman" gameplay in the dark fields nearby, followed by some awesome "Capture the Flag" moments the next morning and afternoon. The moment of the day happened in the final game, where yours-truly belly crawled along a muddy river bed to snag the flag amidst a flurry of opposing paint...hurah! It was a great time for everyone who attended...and have decided it will be hosted again next year.

  • As you can read from my race report below, the GAAR race was Sunday morning. Though I was a little sore still from a long run at noon on Friday, and playing paintball through the night into Saturday, my partner and I faired quite well. Bryce and I are thinking it will likely be a "must-do" race for next year...

  • The Nike+ Human 10K race occured this weekend. I had planned to run my entire mileage on Sunday, but after the GAAR race I was a little tired. So I'm claiming I spread my mileage out over the entire weekend instead. Sorry, no race report to post. However, the event's technical shirt (if you decided to purchase it - the actual race was free) is very cool for a virtual race!

  • Last night, Jon kicked off the first youth group session of The ROCK for the fall school year...and it definitely ROCKED the house! We literally had tons of kids sharing in a great time of dodgeball games with each other and watching video clips from our past year that really seemed to psych them up. And though I know all of us leaders will miss the outgoing 8th graders, we look forward to the new batch of 6th graders coming in...they definitely seem to be a lively bunch. Looking forward to participating in Duey's new "Build-A-Jesus" series...should be a great time to grow these kids' hearts for God. Can't wait!
    • No comments: