09 February 2009

Grandmas Headphone Ban Lifted

Good news for music-loving, gray-hairs everywhere: Grandma's runners can use headphones again.

This story could possibly raise way more questions than it answers. I mean, why were grandmas banned from using headphones while running in the first place? Seems kinda discriminatory, if you ask me. On the other hand, why the sudden reversal? I mean, it was dangerous for grandmothers to run with headphones a month ago, but now it's somehow safe? What changed, exactly? Did a group of angry grandmas lobby for this change? If so, did they wave their canes and walkers in a threatening manner while doing so? Because that could be considered assault. And what do grandma runners listen to anyway? Folk music? Lawerence Welk? (Is that stuff even available on MP3?) It just doesn't make sense.

While you ponder, and possibly either show displeasure or revel in the rule reversal, here's some background music for your run/workout today...



By the way, I've signed up to run Grandmas Marathon again. I think this will be either number 15 or 16 this year. And I doubt I'll be bringing my iPod.

No comments: