28 October 2008

Birthday Girl

My little girl is growing up. Where have the years gone? Hannah enjoyed a large family birthday party this past weekend, but tonight it was just about the four of us being together. So we all stayed home, ordered Chinese takeout, carved a wheel-barrel load of pumpkins for our front porch, and gathered around a little pink mini-cake my wife had baked for the special occasion as we all sang to her "Happy Birthday".

Six little candles...sigh. I thank God for all six of them.

2 comments:

Jon said...

Why would you make your child eat Chinese? Especially on her birthday? What kind of dad are you? I guess the pink mini-cake makes up for it!

Mike said...

Hey, we asked what she wanted for her special birthday dinner and that's what she chose...a girl after my own heart. But, yeah, the pink mini-cake was a nice ending touch. Next time we'll hook up with your wife to make the mini-cake...yummy!!