24 March 2008

Monday Mind-Dump

I thought I'd take a page from a good friend of mine and begin providing space to ponder over the few things that have crossed both my mind and path in the past couple of weeks.


  • Started the book "Wild At Heart" by John Eldridge. It's a really great read.

  • Signed up for church softball this weekend. I don't even own a glove. Do I have to wear those baseball pants?

  • Taught my daughter to ride her bike without training wheels. The smile from ear to ear, combined with the look of utter terror as I let go, is a moment I'll always cherish.

  • Spring is just around the corner. Be patient, Mike.

  • Finally figured out how to record video from my digital video recorder to my laptop so I can make DVD home movies. I'm sure my 2-year old son could have shown me in half the time.

  • Reminder to self: do not attempt to be Mr. Fix-it the night before volunteering as bike support for the local marathon. Not only will the shift cable break, but I will likely misalign the entire derailleur in the process.

  • Another reminder to self: pick up a souvenir worth it's weight in gold for my friend who helped me into the NYC marathon.

  • Go watch this video. (Or you'll get injured, injured real bad...)

  • Hid 258 eggs for Easter at my mother-in-laws house this weekend; only found 257. Doh.

  • I am reminded of just how special my wife is when she came home from our church women's retreat and gave me a hand-written note telling me how much she loves me...I am truely blessed.
Sorry for the absence this past little while...just kept busy with work and traveling. I'm back now. Missed you guys.

No comments: