31 March 2008

Monday Mind-Dump

Just the few things that have been on my mind this week...

  • My old running partner moved back into town on Friday. I helped him move into his house, then we went for a run together on Saturday afternoon. Reminiscing, he and I ran our first race together back in 1990 at Grandma's Marathon...yeah, it's been a while.

  • I learned this past week from ING that I've been accepted to run in the 2008 NYC Marathon!

  • Feeling good about my training lately. I've been consistently upping my mileage weekly in anticipation of the warmer weather that is slowly beginning to show around here. Decided to throw in a couple days of weight training during the week to help with weight reduction and muscle toning. Just gotta shake this slight cold that is trying to keep me down...

  • My son's 3-year old bam-bam league begins practice this week! My wife and I are trying to get him ready so we bought him his first baseball glove, which he seems to be using mainly to hide his face in and hit his sister in the head with. We've been practicing catching whiffleballs in the living room...he's getting fairly good. And so begins the lifetime career of professional ball player...

  • Oh man, almost forgot...church softball league practice starts this week. Where is my glove?!?

  • Just talked this past week with a few guys I typically race together with and we've decide to put together another adventure racing team for the IA Summer Games. I have to admit, it was a blast participating in the race last year, and though we may not obtain the same results (3rd in our category), I can tell you we will have fun trying our hardest. Let's just hope it's not held again on the hottest day of the year...argggg.

  • I'm planning to sit in on our Wednesday night church youth group session this week to see if I can help Jon out a little...I am really looking forward to it, should be an awesome time.

  • Went with some friends to go see Run, Fatboy, Run this weekend. Though it may not have been everyone's cup of tea (ahem, a little English humour), we did laugh so hard a couple of times that it was quite hard to catch our breaths. Didn't anyone else out there like this movie??

  • A bit anxious...I'm meeting with a friend later this week to discuss my possible interest in co-directing a popular race in our area. It would be an exciting opportunity...

  • Getting ready to travel for a work conference in New York early this next month. It'll be my first time to the Big Apple...though I'm not sure what I'll find when I get there, I am excited because it will be a chance to get a look at the city I'll be running through come this November...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.