06 May 2008

Monday Mind-Dump

Warm weather this week...makes it easy to want to get outside for some much-needed long runs. Here are a few happenings from the past week. Sorry, I wasn't able to post yesterday due to softball.
  • My three-year-old son played his first baseball game this past week. It was really cute to watch, with each team member dressed up in their miniature uniform and a hat that would continually fall down over their eyes. But he had a blast, and that's all I wanted for him. And if he ends up wanting to play more serious baseball someday, I'm sure I'll look back fondly on these early days when running around the pitchers mound was much more exciting than fielding the ball.

  • Met with the guys from my adventure racing team for a bike workout Thursday. Spent some quality time on both the local gravel roads and some nice & muddy single-track in the area. We're feeling good about training and are looking forward to our first race together in about a month from now.

  • Softball last night was a comedy of errors, as I told my wife after. It all began about three innings into the first of a two-game doubleheader, when I completely fumbled a fly ball while playing left center field. In the process of my misstep, I guess I apparently pulled a hamstring. From that point on, it seemed like every stretch for the ball became a chore. Fortunately, the injury isn't significant, but it will sideline temporarily. Needless to say, I will be forcing myself to take a few days off from running to recover, just in case.

No comments: