08 May 2008

A Package Arrives

Guess what arrived in the mail a couple days ago...my new pair of running shoes! These babies are a step up from the old model...they're Asics GEL-Nimbus 9's I picked up online through an advertised sale at REI...saved myself something like $40 off the normal price.

The old pair, also Asics, I had were nearing 600 miles already and beginning to show some obvious signs of tread and cushioning wear. So, now I can finally put them out to pasture where they will happily roam during my weekly lawn mowings.

I took the newer beasts for a six-mile spin yesterday and was completely amazed at how comfortable and lightweight they were compared to my old pair. And, surprising to me, I knocked a full three minutes off my normal route time. Now I'm left to wonder...was it the shoes?!?

2 comments:

Topher said...

don't let yourself think it was the shoes. that's a slippery slope because then you'll convince yourself you have to buy shoes more often. i kind of wish i'd heard about the dam-to-dam run before i registered for the Hospital Hill run here in KC. It'd be fun to come up and run with all the RBF. I'm planning on running Living History Farm in November, though.

Mike said...

Good point...my wife wouldn't like that.

You need to do that; we'll have a great tailgate party to get to know everyone. See you then!