26 February 2008

From Inside the Snow Globe

Sorry, meant to post this last night but a nagging cold forced me to seek an early bedtime. :)

The snow is falling yet again outside. Actually, it's quite beautiful. It's coming down fairly softly, much like the flakes you see in a snow globe when you gently shake it. So far, it's just enough to blanket the small patches of grass in the yard that had begun to appear from this weekend's brief warm-up. Though this may be short lived...it's supposed to turn to heavier snow by this evening and continue on into tomorrow.

The weather, and this miserable cold I've currently been blessed with, make it tempting to just stay inside and work on other things. Not that I am complaining any. There are days where I'd kill just to have some "down" time at home, doing those things I haven't had a chance to mettle with all week long. You know, like that "honey-do" list we husbands all have? But having a chance to digress is a good thing. It gives me a moment to relax, unwind, maybe even catch a new episode of the "Mythbusters". I might even have a chance to play around with the kids ... hide-n-seek and wrestling seem to be our favorites lately.

The only suffering, at least until this cold subsides, will be my running. I was able to get in a few great runs last week. But I think the last one on Friday did me in ... I made that simple mistake of forgetting my baklava. I specifically remember sucking down that cold air during my windy run and wondering whether it would have any adverse effect on me later. Guessing now that's an affirmative.

So, here I sit in this small snow globe of mine, flurries of white cascading down outside. Rather relaxing when you think about it.

No comments: