27 February 2008

Gonna Soak Up The Sun

My wife and I have been planning a little trip for a few weeks now. We recently learned that her grandparents, who live in southern Texas, will be moving from their beautifully sunny climate back to this cold universe of the midwest in the coming months. It's been her desire for many years to visit them there, and we feel now is the best time to spend a few quality moments with them while alson offering our assistance with any packing and preparation they may have.

So ... know what I'm gonna do?
  I'm gonna soak up the sun
I'm gonna tell everyone
To lighten up (I'm gonna tell em that)
I've got no one to blame
For every time I feel lame
I'm looking up
I'm gonna soak up the sun
While its still free
I'm gonna soak up the sun
Before it goes out on me...
Thank you for that inspirational and warming thought, Ms. Crow. I think I will do precisely that ... I AM gonna soak up the sun.

Maybe spending a little time lying on the Gulf shore beach on South Padre Island will chase away this miserable cold I've been blessed with lately. And if not, it won't hurt to try. Might even get in a run or two. What a chance it will give me to recharge the batteries a little.

See ya'll in a few days. Run hard and run long.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Escaping the snow globe. Good for you! Enjoy.