30 October 2007

Nova's "Marathon Challenge"

Six months ago, a team of rookies stepped to the starting line of the Boston Marathon. As members of Team NOVA, they were part of an experiment to see what it takes to mold a batch of non-runners into a team of marathoners. Tonight on PBS, Marathon Challenge will detail how this diverse group of hopeful novices transformed physically and mentally to meet the challenge.

From a runner's perspective, the show looks really interesting ... I bet I'll be tuning in!

Photo by PBS Nova

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike,

Did you catch any of this? I got swept away by trick o treating and didn't catch any of it. I would have loved to see it.

Mike said...

Amy - I sure did and both my wife and I really enjoyed it. It was really interesting to see how marathon training affected different people. They were all very inspirational stories.