28 October 2007

A Temporary Hiatus

Sorry I haven't been around lately. After a poor performance at last weekend's Des Moines Marathon and feeling sub-par the next few days after, I finally took the initiative to go to the doctor on Wednesday. Unfortunately, my fears were right ... I've been contending with a nice strep throat and ear infection.

Guess it's time to hold back on the training and activate a running hiatus temporarily until I can get this fully out of my system. With the Living History Farms race coming up in a few weeks, it's best I be completely recovered before I attempt running over hill and dale. I figure I should be close to full recovery by next weekend and can resume my normal training routine sometime next week, though I'll want to be careful with the colder weather making more of its presence known. Needless to say, I wouldn't miss this one of a kind, end-of-season race, so I will be sure to see you all there.

No comments: