16 April 2008

Countdown To Boston

"Boston is a course you need to do many times before you get the hang of it," says Bill Rodgers. "I know I did." Coming from a four-time champion, that's saying something.

The 112th Boston Marathon is only but a few short days away, and my bet is that many runner's anxieties are high. The following quick video is a course guide for 1) those who will be toeing the line at this prestigious race (Bill and Nitmos come to mind - good luck guys!), and 2) those of us who will be cheering them on from afar. (Someday I hope to be one of those #1 people.)



Also, here's how to catch some of the live action:
  • National Television Coverage in the United States

    The VERSUS cable network wil televise the Boston Marathon for the fourth consecutive year. The telecast will air from 9:30 a.m. (ET) to 12:30 p.m. (ET). The Boston Marathon is distinguished as the only road race in the United States to have a complete, live, national television broadcast.

  • Global webcast on the internet

    The Boston Marathon will be covered live on WCSN.com on April 21st, 2008 with the coverage starting at 9:30AM ET. A subscription to WCSN is required to view the event. After the event, the broadcast will also available for viewing in the WCSN archives.
It should be a great race. Oh, I hear they boosted the prize money for this year's race...the Boston champions will now receive the largest prize money check of the five commercial events of the World Marathon Majors. That's some serious cash incentive to put it all out on the line, folks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a safe trip to Boston and GOOD LUCK !!! I will look forward to any pictures and reports from you. The weather should be quite favorable next Monday. I am all set to watch on TV.

Mike said...

Ted - Unfortunately, I am not one of the lucky few myself. I hope to someday qualify though.