28 April 2008

Monday Mind-Dump

Monday thoughts and happenings...
  • Had an opportunity to volunteer for Earth Day last Tuesday. A large group of us from work spent the afternoon combing the riverwalk along the downtown area picking up trash. Man, it's just sad the amount of garbage people just toss along the trails. If you've never volunteered for a community activity, I seriously encourage you to try doing this. They so need your help.

  • Spent a few hours with Jon corralling the middle school boys at the church lock-up on Friday evening. I wished I could have stayed later, but I had the Drake race the next morning. We played endless games of dodgeball, flexed our muscles together, and ate tons of pizza and snacks…a good time had by all. I'm excited that Wednesday night groups start up again this week.

  • Ran the Drake On-The-Roads Half-Marathon on Saturday and set a new new PR of 1:51:12. My performance really makes me excited for my next race, the Dam-to-Dam 20K, at the end of May. Then it's on to Grandma's Marathon in June.

  • Hannah had her final tumbling class this Saturday and all the parents were invited to watch their tumbling finale. She did really awesome…that girl can turn somersaults faster than anyone I saw! She's also perfected her upside-down bridging technique, of which I've found to be fairly difficult to do myself.

  • My little 3-year old buddy, Joshua, spent the night over at his cousin's this weekend for a birthday party. When Laura asked if she could stay too, he replied, "it's boys club only, mommy." I heard he had a blast and apparently stayed up later than I did that night.

  • Jon spoke Sunday on how filling our lives on our own only results in an empty life. That we need to seek God's fountain of living water (see Jeremiah 2:12). Great job, Jon...that's hitting the nail on the head!

  • Our first chuch softball double-header is tonight! Although we only found time for one team practice, I know we'll do our best and have a great time together. Laura is bringing the kids out to watch…I just hope I don't end up whiffing on the ball!

No comments: